Just bought a new computer & monitor and it says no signal (URGENT)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gareth22, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Gareth22

Gareth22 Private E-2

This is urgent. I just bought a new computer, a Vibox Destroyer, and an AOC 24" monitor. When I plug all the cords in, turn the computer on, it beeps and turns on, I turn the monitor on. It comes up with AOC then a box saying VGA then a box saying No Signal. Here are the specs for the monitor:

MPN: 2436VWA Type: LED LCD
    Model: 2436VWA Screen Size (inches): 24"
    Screen Format: Widescreen (16:9) Max Resolution: 1920 x 1080
    Maximum Refresh Rate (ms): 5 ms - 9.9 ms Response Time: 5 ms
    Contrast Ratio: More Than 700:1

And the computer:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-Bit) Processor Speed: 3.5GHz or More
    Features: WiFi PCI Card, Graphics Card, Operating System Memory (RAM): 16GB
    Chip Type: AMD FX 4100 Quad-Core Hard Drive: 1TB
    Hard Drive Capacity: 1000

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

You have the monitor set for VGA input. Have you also connected to the computer using a VGA connector? So your cable goes from the blue connector on the monitor and into the blue connector on the computer?

HMMI on left VGA in middle DVI on right.
    [​IMG]

3. Gareth22

Gareth22 Private E-2

I have the VGA cable plugged into the blue slot on the computer and monitor, respectively.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have you also used the DVI cable if applicable? and do plug the cables in with PC and monitor off, then turn on Monitor then PC.

Also and I dont know this model at all, but looking at a few pics of it, their should be a menu button on the right hand side above the power button, press that as if its similar to other monitors I have the monitor may need to be switched between DVI to VGA and vice versa.

If you have another monitor to test then use it as this one maybe DOA.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds