just cloned my hd and.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ej25lvr, Jul 3, 2005.

1. ej25lvr

ej25lvr Private First Class

with the acronis program and cant believe how easy it was. i went from a 40gb hd to a 120gb hd with no problems at all . had to do 2 reboots then set jumper on new hd to master with slave present booted up and works great just more hd space now. one question is the speedfan prog im running has a smart tab to view hd health it showed my old hd as maxed out performance but only half fitness,but the new hd is maxed out on both now. also the new hd runs way cooler than my old one could this have been the fitness prob?

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Yup could have been once the bearings start to wear down the friction increases and therefore the heat :eek:I'm not sure how speedfan determines the state the drives in though :confused:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds