Just don't laugh

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bbsan, Dec 26, 2007.

1. bbsan

bbsan Private E-2

I tried to upload my website, using the Index file. As you can see it uploads the entire file.

Okay, I'm just that stupid.

What did I do wrong?

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Not sure what you mean; need some clarification. Do you have multiple web pages or just a home page with file name Index.htm or Index.html?

So, your upload procedure uploaded the entire Index file? Well, of course. What else would you expect? If you selected the Index file for upload, do you think only bits and pieces of it would be uploaded? Again, we need some clarification here.

And, by the way, how can we "see" what you've uploaded? You posted no link to a site.

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

usafveteran, a bit rude if you ask me. The guy needs help, help him, insulting his intelligence when he was clear he was new at this is downright unacceptable.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Sorry if some rudeness seeped through there.

bbsan, can you fill-in some details about your site? How many pages? As you may know, the home page is usually named index.htm or index.html, such as http://majorgeeks.com/index.html. That's just the home page. Other pages will have unique names.

What software are you using to develop web pages? How are you uploading? Are you using FTP, the control panel from your web host, or the upload function built-in to software such as Microsoft FrontPage?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds