Just had some malwares removed, but...

Discussion in 'Software' started by hihi123, Oct 14, 2010.

1. hihi123

hihi123 Private E-2

Hi, I was just at the malware section and i was kindly helped removed some viruses on my comp (Zbot.E, Ramnit etc). However some problems still persist and i was told to post on here, hope you guys can help me.

1.) Whenever i open up any windows (internet explorer, system folders), the windows installer keep popping up telling me to insert windows xp with frontpage. I just click cancel and it's gone, but it's annoying everytime it pops up.
    2.) After the virus hit, some of my programs stopped working (ex. media players, firefox etc.) I was told that these programs may have been compromised by the virus and i may need to uninstall and reinstall them, I just want to confirm if that's the case.

Hope these information helps, thanks in advance

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

1. Have you tried putting an XP disk in and letting it find the file it is looking for? If you don't have an XP disk, borrow one from a friend as long as it is the same flavor (Home or Pro).
    2. If I have a program that doesn't run, I use Revo to uninstall it and then do a clean install.
    Revo Uninstaller http://majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds