Just installed Office, Outlook won't work.

Discussion in 'Software' started by MFX_R33, Jun 27, 2005.

1. MFX_R33

MFX_R33 Private E-2

Hi I am running Win XP Home and I have just installed Office XP Pro. I can get everything else working but Outlook won't run.
    When I try to run it I get:

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Outlook requires Microsoft Outlook express 4.01 or greater. You can install Outlook Express by running IE5Setup.exe from the IE5 folder located on your CD or through the Windows Update Website.

I then try to open the suggested file on the CD and I get:

Setup has deceted a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system. Setup cannot continue.

I have gone to the Windows update site and done a check and installed all of the suggested updates and Outlook still doesn't work.

I am going crazy just trying to get to look at my emails!!! Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get it working? or are there any other alternative programs that will do the same job??

Thanks in advance,

Jeff.

2. A.Son

A.Son Sergeant

DL nerw version or update to SP2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds