Just starting to comprehend

Discussion in 'Software' started by crazygoat, Jul 7, 2009.

1. crazygoat

crazygoat Private E-2

Hey there. I've kept myself fairly ignorant about pc setup, use, applications, whatever ... Until recently. Now that I'm here, I am trying to set my computer up to download streaming audio from Internet Archive (Grateful Dead) and convert it to mpeg audio file for brning to disk. I just want to be able to listen to some killer shows in my car (which has my best sound system) Any Help would be great. Just let me know any info you might need.

Thanks, Johnny

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

If you're using Firefox browser then install DownloadHelper, pretty easy to use. I believe Google has an equivalent program for IE but I've never used it.

BTW, I'm listening to the Jai-Alai Fronton concert at the moment. :) Something else you might like is Wolfgangsvault for live videos of concerts, you just have to register to get the free feed.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  3. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Welcome to MG, crazygoat :wave You sure come to the right place for info! You will find all you need here... and then some more! :-D Tons to learn and Tons of fun at the same time... Welcome!

4. crazygoat

crazygoat Private E-2

Augie-Doggie. YOU THE MAN!!! Download Helper plus converter = Happy Deadhead. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you.

5. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Welcome to MGs where all things PCwise are possible.
    Never be afraid to ask a Q because no one will give you a hard time here they only offer help!!

The impossible takes seconds but miracles take a little longer.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds