JVC everio, programs cant burn dvd

Discussion in 'Software' started by richdio, Aug 9, 2010.

1. richdio

richdio Private First Class

Hi
    I have a JVC camcorder, all my programs cant see the camera, Ie media player, easy media creator10..
    when I download the video to a hard drive media player can play the video BUT cant burn to a dvd ??? says unsupported file???

what am i doing wrong? do I need to download jvc softwear?

Thanks.............. :cry

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes the JVC Everio camcorders have a strange format based off MPEG2 in .MOD file format, which many burners dont know what the format is, what you need to do is convert the file to AVI format firsy then burn to dvd.

Do you have the Cyberlink PowerDirector software that comes with the JVC camcorders?, as you can open the file with that software then save to File and choose AVI. Then burn to DVD using the likes of DVDFlick (free)

If you dont have Cyberlink PowerDirector then try Hamster Free Video Converter handles .MOD files, then convert to AVI and then burn via DVDFlick.

DVDFlick, converts the likes of AVI to a DVD format so you can play in any DVD player.

3. richdio

Hi Halo,
    Thanks for getting back to me, have just downloaded those programs and will try later the conversion etc etc. Il let you know how I got on...
    Thanks again
    Rich...

4. richdio

Hi,
    What a very long winded way !! 2min recording has taken over 4hrs so far !!
    guess what ? I just bought a direct burn dvd from jvc !! cant edit but at least il have dvd's ! thanks again for getting around the problem... but so so slow. thanks Halo (again)..
    Rich........

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds