Kaspersky Rescue Disk not taking keyboard commands at EULA

Discussion in 'Software' started by ichase, Nov 15, 2010.

1. ichase

ichase Corporal

Curious if anyone has used this before and if so, have they run into this problem. DL, and burned image of Kapersky Rescue CD to run on a Vista Laptop. When I booted to CD, everything seemed to boot up great up until I got to the End User License Agreement (EULA) where is it asks you to select either "A" to except "R" to reboot or I think "S" to shutdown. Now up to this point, it was taking keyboard commands. Once you get to the EULA, I could not go any further because it would not except commands from the keyboard. So, first thing I tried is rebooting into this disk again with a different keyboard. No joy. Same thing, took keyboard commands from the additional keyboard up until it got to the EULA.

Like I said, I am more or less curious if anyone else has seen this before or has any insight. I don't need the disk at the moment as I have fixed everything else with a different process. Just like to know for future use. :)

Thanks all and hope everyone had a great weekend. :)

Ian

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Never tried that disk yet, but is it one of those EULAs where you have to arrow down or pagedown to the end before you can continue?

3. ichase

ichase Corporal

No, because once you get to the EULA, none of the keys work. It's as if, I unplugged the keyboard and tried typing. :-D

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

If your usung the GUI mode, click the mouse in that window... worked for me. I downloaded it and it was doing the same thing - KB was not responding untill I clicked on the text (window) and hit "A".

I was going to download it eventually since McAfee SDAT doesn't work in Bart PE anymore, I wanted to test out SARDU.

5. ichase

ichase Corporal

So you are saying that you tried it. Got to the EULA and when you selected "A" it did nothing. But when you clicked in the text window of the EULA THEN selected "A" it worked??? Well if all I had to do was click in the text area, I am going to feel like a real ID10T :-D Goes back to the ol' adage of attempting the "Simple things first" before trying to find the more detailed way out. :-D
    Gonna try that this evening.

6. ichase

ichase Corporal

***PROBLEM SOLVED***
    foogoo, you were correct. Once you get to the EULA, you have to click the text screen with your mouse for the keyboard to re-activate.
    Don't I feel like a dummy!! :-D

Great catch!!!

Ian

7. langr

langr Private E-2

BINGO! - Thanks for this thread - ran into the same problem - several reboots and attempts later, found this thread - problem solved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds