Kaspersky Vs AVG Free

Discussion in 'Software' started by sikvik, May 7, 2008.

1. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

My Kaspersky AV ran out of subscription so I decided to try AVG 7.5 free.
    The one thing I noticed when using AVG for scanning "My Computer" scanned maybe half the number of files?? If not less...compared to KAS!! Could not find an option on AVG to add additional stuff to scan.

I was and am still using COMODO BO Clean & SpywareBlaster and Windows Firewall All updated to latest versions. Please let me know if this is a decent setup.

I'd like to know if the Lappy would be MORE secure if I shift to the latest KAS Internet security Package as opposed to hanging on to AVG free. .

Thanks very much for any advice.

2. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I'd like to know if the Lappy would be MORE secure if I shift to the latest KAS Internet security Package as opposed to hanging on to AVG free. Thanks very much for any advice. sikvik <<

I'd stay with AVG Free if I were you. I've used it since 2004 and I've never had a virus get through the AVG defenses on any of my 3 computers. It has caught a few things (while I was online) and "healed" them before any damage was done; but nothing has gotten through as yet. Additionally, just to be on the safe side; once a month I also use an "online virus check" called BitDefender Online Scanner - Free Online Virus Scan

Please Note: AVG 7.5 Free is out of date. Use AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 8.0 instead.

>> I was and am still using COMODO BO Clean & SpywareBlaster and Windows Firewall All updated to latest versions. Please let me know if this is a decent setup. <<

Sounds Good - but I'd add a software firewall if you do not already have one. Windows Firewall alone is very limited IMO.

Good Luck!

3. Goran.P

Goran.P MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds