Kazaa lite hate me!

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrPewty, May 25, 2003.

1. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

I quarantine a bunch of spyware that Webroot's Spy Sweeper came up with, and Kazaa lite refused to work. I unquarantined them, and it still refused to work.

Any suggestions before I re-install the thing from scratch?

2. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Last edited: May 25, 2003
  3. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

Yeah, it says:

"you have uninstalled a part of kazaa that is needed to run. Kazaa will quit now so you can re-install it"

Arrogant B*stards.

I know it's lite, even though it doesn't say so in the message(the message and the fact it had spyware made me wonder if it was Kazaa, but the program named itself Kazaa lite in the start menu)

4. augiedoggie

They've seem to have seeded several places with their crap. I'll try to remember where I got it. http://doa2.host.sk/

5. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

Thanks. I'll download from there.

6. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

I re-installed Kazaa lite, and it put Cydoor on my system. I Also have Brilliant Digital. This could be from before, as I couldn't quarantine it before the re-install. It's definitely Kazaa related though.

All other spyware is in quarantine. I will delete it after a day or two of Kazaa use, and then re-install Zone Alarm.

That should clean up my system. I'll have to put up with whatever Kazaa puts on my PC.

7. augiedoggie

here's BDE remover plus some reading from CNET http://www.omniwarp.com/ The Cydoor.dll that comes with k-lite is a dummy file. Otherwise it won't work.Do you have adaware 6? Never picked up my cydoor.dll dummy. No you don't have to put up with anything. You should be spyware free after this.

8. WTSand

WTSand Private E-2

I think the offending file is cd_clint.dll which does show as spyware,trojan, whatever on some spyware and virus apps. Cydoor is not part of Kazaalite but it is definetly spyware.

Last edited: May 25, 2003
  9. augiedoggie

You are correct. though in the research I did, they said a false cydoor file would be placed on the system. Apparently not, since searching my system came up with nothing. K-lite must have been improved.:confused:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds