kazaa lite speed up

Discussion in 'Software' started by bern, May 5, 2003.

1. bern

bern Sergeant

is there any way to speed up my k lite connection
    i am downloading a divx movie and it has been on the go for the last 14 hours and it is nowhere near the end of download
    my internet connection is 576kbps but my actual is +_490

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you can try this
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=446

back up your registry ;)

you should also note that the downloads from Kazaa are HIGHLY dependant upon the upload speeds at the other end and how many nodes there are for that file. So, you're pretty much at the mercy of the "other people".

3. bern

bern Sergeant

i installed cablenut and used the css option for xp but how do i know if it is actually speeded up the connection

4. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

I'd recommend Downloading Diet Kaza www.dietk.com

When used in addition to Kazaa lite (open Diet Kaza, and then Kazaa Lite), it has advanced download tools that search for connections a lot more thoroughly that normal. you can Also jump Supernodes until you find one that has better connections for your file.

Diet Kaza is freeware and has no spyware either, the current version is RC2, which you must join their messageboard to d/l.;)

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

and there ya go :)

as for seeing if Cablenut has sped up your connection.. well, it's hard to tell just by looking at it. You need to test your speed before and after on a bandwidth speed test or something.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds