kazaa lite

Discussion in 'Software' started by burg, Oct 22, 2004.

1. burg

burg Private E-2

hi i got a german (i think) version of kazaa lite and i was just wondering how to translate it?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

save yourself the headache of having your system crumble.. and not install it.

3. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

I've been running Kazaa Lite for a couple of years now with no problems. How does it cause your system to crumble if it's been stripped of the malware?

Do you mean just translate certain words/phrases you might see in the program, or actually change it to an english version? If you want to change the version, I think you're out of luck. To translate specific words/phrases, you can try here:

http://world.altavista.com/

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

we all know that this software is primarily used for and I really don't want to get in a sematics argument over it but it does and will eventually happen by laws of probability (which are higher in this case). If you strip it of the malware (good for you) then the only remaining problem to take care of is the person behind the keyboard. As we are only human, and our virus scanners only so good.. increasing our risk of downloading unknown files is a major threat. What ends up happening is they become a frequent member of the spyware specific forum and chaslang, phillie phan and my self have to bail them out.

That's time consuming and I try to head it off at the pass when ever I can.

5. Wavetar

Wavetar Sergeant

Oh, I gotcha. I was under the impression you thought Kazaa Lite was worse than any other P2P program, for some reason. Yes you are correct, the 'skinware' problem at the keyboard is the real issue.

6. dewback

dewback Corporal

Just to let you know... I had used Kazaa lite for a while thinking it was clean. But when I ran pest patrol, it found around 12 malware entries related to kazaa lite, which were missed by ad aware and spybot. Anyway Kazaa it not what it was a year or so ago. A lot of users have left, and there are a lot more junk files out there now than there used to be... such as music files that break into static part way through. Not to mention the viruses.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds