KB941649 Fails

Discussion in 'Software' started by Creativeballance, Dec 16, 2007.

1. Creativeballance

Creativeballance Private First Class

This Vista update keeps failing when I try to update. Anyone else have problems with it?

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

another vista update failure. i have one aswell that wont install but not that one.
    can you install it from HERE

if not what error code does it give you when it fails?..

3. wildwolf220

ok i've been doing a bit of research on this visa update problem and i have found one solution. are you running comodo firewall by any chance? i had an update that refused to install and found out that my comodo firewall could be blocking it. first i shut it down and tried again and it still would not install. so i uninstalled comodo and tried again and the update installed first time:) so if you are using comodo uninstall it and try again.or it could be any other firewall you are using blocking it. hope this helps:major

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Also as well as wildwolfs great detective work, and if you have Comodo or another firewall, I would try disabling it and installing the update.

Other possibles..................

• Is this one showing on AutoUpdate in Vista? ( I know this one is not applicable to my desktop with 32bit Vista Ultimate installed )
    • If it fails what error code or text are you given?

Its possible that if you get a message, "this update does not apply to your system", then basically you don't need this update.

Another workaround is that WMI has a unregistered DLL in wmiutils.dll to re-register this you will need to open a Command Prompt in Elevated mode.

Click Start > Run and type CMD > right click CMD and choose Run as Administrator ( if prompted for an Admin Password, then enter it ) > Continue

Then in the command line type regsvr32 wmiutils.dll and hit enter, reboot and try again with the update.

5. Creativeballance

Not using comodo or any 3rd party firewall. I tried running the update as an executable as well, still fails. I installed the other updates listed first, still fails. I'll try that one /w the DLL after dinner and let ya know how it went.

6. Creativeballance

Ok, weird. It's saying in the update history "Sucessful", but it still wants to install it. My computer rebooted twice, making me think that it really failed, and it had to roll back the update.
    Error code 800F0826 when it fails, btw.

7. wildwolf220

8. Creativeballance

Sadly, that was the first thing I tried. I was having problems with a previous update about a month ago, but somehow it either became irrelevant or finally installed (I didn't write down that update so I don't know which it is but I do know this update was published 12/11/07)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds