keep getting a temporary profile

Discussion in 'Software' started by jeannot18, Jul 30, 2013.

1. jeannot18

jeannot18 Private E-2

Hi guys, I run a standalone PC, it runs Windows 7 Home Premium. The other day I was logged on and we had a power cut, one of many that day. Anyway, I left the PC switched off and the next day when I logged on back in, I lost my usual Desktop (icons, background etc.), and the following message appears at the bottom right of the computer where the system tray is:

""You have been logged on with a temporary profile. You cannot access your files and files created in this profile will be deleted when you log-off. To fix this, log-off and try logging on later. Please see the event log for details or contact your system administrator""

I have tried rebooting a few times but that didn't work, I Googled the issue and try to fix it by going to the registry, to the following entry
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    There I removed the ".bak" ending of my profile, and renamed the current profile by adding ".NEW" at the end but this hasn't work. I am still getting the same message everytime, and each time I lose everything.
    I am the only user of this PC, there is no other account, other than a Guest account that is turned off
    Could anyone assist me in trying to restore my original profile, thanks. I hope I made myself clear. This is driving me mad as everytime I am rebooting/restarting the computer it goes back as if I was a new user, so I loose everything like pages i have visited, password that I have entered etc.

JC

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds