keeping enlarged text in window. Firefox

Discussion in 'Software' started by robert707, May 12, 2012.

1. robert707

robert707 Corporal

Hi I just got a new PC and have installed the new Firefox, unlike my Firefox 3.6 that I had forever the new version behave more like Chrome when it comes to enlarging text.

The old version would automatically fit text inside the browser window but the version 12?
    adds these scroll bard along the bottom so I have to scroll through to the end of teh sentence. BOO!

I'm new to this version and can't find the menu option where I might adjust this or look for another option. The drop down menu's are gone! Is there any way to solve this in this version?

and if not, I would switch to any other browser that doesn't make me do this.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  3. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

If the below solutions do not work for you, try this.

In the address bar type about:config >enter

Click, "I'll be carefull"

Then in the search bar type

browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing. make sure
    the value is true. If not, double click it to make it true.

You can also hold down the Ctrl key and move the scroll wheel to adjust the size to remove the scroll bar.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

That doesn't sound like the Firefox 3.6 that I remember. I'm pretty sure it did not behave differently in this regard from Firefox 12. That behavior you mentioned is usually determined by how the web page developer coded the web page, not on a particular browser.

5. robert707

robert707 Corporal

F.Y.I for anyone else reading this for the same problem.

First I did this:

After that I found the View menu--->Zoom----> Zoom text only. Was what I was looking
    for. But will look into the add-ons mentions anyway as I have bad eyes.

6. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

Just thought I'm mention the Magnfier feature in Windows, in case you're not aware of it. You might find it helpful in viewing any application window on your computer screen.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds