Kernel Problems

Discussion in 'Software' started by Junebug_1918, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Junebug_1918

Junebug_1918 Private E-2

I have a HP Pavillion, its running windows 98, the cd drive is shot so the solution(s) must not not involve it.

The computer was hanging upon shut down so I downloaded something for it. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but it's the last thing I remember changing before the shit hit the fan; which was a few days later.

I turned the computer on and it said something to the effect of error loading kernel, you must reinstall windows, then it turned off and I started it again and it brought me to a selection menu etc...

I played around with this, sometimes I got through to the normal start but it eventually froze up, it wouldn't remember any save settings for my ares program and it disassociated my media content from respective players.

I ended up rendering the kernel32 file old and replaced it with a new one from dll files.com or something or another, its in swedish :( Anyway it seemed to do the trick, the content player saved along with ares but after a reset everything happened all over again minus the error when loading kernel.

I also am only able to use my internet access for about eight minutes after starting the computer, afterwards all th browsers error when attempting any page. I don't know when this happened except for it was not before the initial problem.

Also it freezes a third of the time when loading the desktop up after starting.

-I use dr.web and kaspersky. No problems there.

2. Junebug_1918

Junebug_1918 Private E-2

This is kind of pressing, why the hell is no one helping. You people are supposed to know.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds