Keyboard all messed up? Very irritating to type.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cronoisme, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Cronoisme

Cronoisme Private First Class

I have an acer aspire 5732z and I have had this problem. As a matter a fact I have had this problem with multiple laptops. I will be typing and after a couple of sentences my mouse cursor on its own will move its self back into a previous sentence I already wrote. So I have to go and erase what the cursor did when it moved on its own and retype it very slowly. I tried downloaded the touchpad drivers to maybe fix this problem and it did not work. But one time when i did a fresh install and installed all the drivers I did not have the problem for a couple months. Any ideas on why this happens. Maybe im typing too close to the touch pad and my palm accidentally moves the cursor without me noticing it? Has anyone else ever had this problem?

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

You could try getting a mini/laptop wired USB mouse or a wireless USB mouse and disable the touchpad. On my Acer LT I have to press the fn+F7 key to disable the touchpad.

3. Cronoisme

Cronoisme Private First Class

I would but both my usb ports are broken lol. Just my luck....

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Yes one of my friends. She eventually gave me the laptop and only used a desktop computer. The touchpad could be turned off but on a cold boot, it never remembered it was to be off when a mouse was attached so you would need to turn it off again after every cold boot.

So if you can't attach a mouse, you'll have to either: a) get the USB ports fixed or b) learn to live with it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds