keyboard and mouse not working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tictz, Sep 20, 2011.

1. tictz

tictz Private E-2

I downloaded new drivers via Drivermax for the mouse and both it and the keyboard stopped working. I have entered safe mode and clicked on restore to an earlier time, I have removed the mouse and keyboard plugs and restarted to see if the machine could find the drivers. I have tried a different mouse in a different port. I have put the Windows XP CD in in hopes that it would reload all the drivers and then took it out before it went into Windows. I have no mouse (cursor) to work with.

2. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,

Is this a USB mouse and keyboard?

Are there any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager?

What is the make and model of your computer?

In DriverMax there is an "Installed Drivers Report". Can you find out what driver was installed?

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

4. sky9

sky9 Private E-2

i am not mean to promote sth, but i did come across a cheapie $8.07 ,and share with you, is it said that is a daily deal, so i add it to the cart and purchase one, i just a little doubt the original price, and not a deep konw about the jet tech. and the link is:7700 2.4G Wireless Optical Mouse Black
    but it seem that you are no need to go to it. may serviceable for others.LOL

5. sky9

sky9 Private E-2

some code on the back of the battery just input the code to the official website then some drivers will come out for you. download it and setup until there is no yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds