Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jralexander, Nov 26, 2008.

1. jralexander

jralexander Private E-2

Hi,

I am having a problem with my keyboard and mouse not working on my laptop ASUS G2S. It works post Windows Boot Up. It stops working at the logon or welcome screen for windows XP. I can still enter the BIOS as the keyboard and mouse work fine pre windows load. I can get the mouse to work with a USB mouse but I do not have a USB Keyboard atm. The computer did not crash at all to lead up to this I just restarted the computer and ran into this problem. If you need any other information let me know! Thanks for your help!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

When you enter the BIOS, look what settings are under keyboard and mouse; perhaps PS/2 is turned off.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds