Keyboard Cleaning..

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Artha_Penn, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Artha_Penn

Artha_Penn Private E-2

I have a Logitech Internet Pro keyboard, and have sticky keys. I've never really cleaned a keyboard before, usually tossed out one that semeed to stop working here and there. (cheap corded ones.) but I am curious as to how I could go about cleaning this Keyboard without ruining it so I can still use it.

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Is this the keyboard in question? http://www.tribualpcsystems.com/shop/catalog/images/logiproint.JPG

If it is, take a picture of the keys on the keyboard. Really, it can get confusing when putting it back together. The keys should pop off with a small screwdriver (with the keyboard not connected to the PC). Take all the keys off, clean them in the sink with soapy water. Wipe off the keyboard with a damp towel after cleaning out the crumbs and such with a brush. Set everything dry, and snap the key back on.

You did print out that picture right? :-D Have fun.

Usafvet's link looks good as well. Even has pictures.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds