Keyboard Delay After Typing A Letter Key Or Icon

Discussion in 'Software' started by DON GAYNOR, Aug 31, 2016.

1. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

This is a new phenomenon today.

There is an obvious delay when pressing a key or clicking on an icon or button.

I will try a RESTORE but does anyone know what's going on here?

TIA

Don

2. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

RESTORE NO HELP!

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend :cool:

What is your computer's specs ?
    What is the free capacity of your hdd ?
    Are you checking your machine about viruses ?
    What is the temperature of your machine ? ;)

DavidGP likes this.
  4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Don

Please give all the info falconattack asks for as that helps us narrow this down and one other thing to try is boot to safe mode (F8 and choose safe mode with networking) is the keyboard working ok? if it is then its likely a startup app thats causing some slowness. Also is the keyboard a wireless/bluetooth one and if so change the batteries.

5. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

HP Elite
    Windows 7/64
    8 GB RM
    HDD Free space = 160GB
    CPU Temperature = 140F

I ran Malware Bytes AND CC. Reports my system is clean.

It may be time for a new computer!

6. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

7. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

I should know better than to trust my memory. Here's a better description.

Attached Files:

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Sorry I'm on a 19" monitor and with "senior eyes" all I see is a blur.
    I can make out that you are on Windows 7 Home premium HP computer but not much more.

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi Don try safe mode as I mentioned as you may have a 3rd party app causing some issues, generally anti-malware apps.

10. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

plodr,

I can relate, I'm 75 and can barely read it either.

@DavidGP gave me an idea - I'll temporarily disable Avast, my AV, and try reinstalling the FF program again.

11. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Is this a laptop, or desktop?

Are you using a wireless keyboard?

12. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Check in control panel @ 2 different places. 1 is in device manager for any problems or driver check. Another is in control panel "Mouse" section. It has some options on click speed and cursor movement speed. On mine if I play with cursor move speed it is awful.

And it's not yall's eyes folks. I see good for reading but that ain't good!

13. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

As mysteriously as it started, it disappeared. Those are the most troubling because we don't learn from them. They tend to recur when least expected. lol

Thanks, all.

Don

14. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Sheesh! It seems many of us here on MG's Forums are visually impaired Senior Citizens (I've got bilateral cataracts and am 63). Yay for us old farts!

DON GAYNOR likes this.
  15. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

I'm 75, mute and paralyzed but it certainly beats the alternative. I'm still discovering new interests and appreciation for being on this side of the Terra-firma.

Eldon likes this.
  16. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

DON GAYNOR likes this.
  17. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

Appreciated, but it's a desktop computer, not a laptop.

Thanks (or UK equivalent), chortle.

Don

PS: It's Greek to we Oklahomans!

18. mdonah

I'm not paralyzed but, I can't walk more than 60 feet (without a walker) and have tremors to boot. But, like you I keep my mind (it's the only thing I've got left that still works [somewhat :)] stimulated.

BTW, that 140 CPU temp isn't that high.

19. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

I'm with you on that. I live in a nursing home surrounded by death, dying, Alzheimer's, Dementia, cancer pain, etc. It's sometimes difficult to keep or maintain a positive attitude.

Old time radio (OTR) is my passive escape and composing music is my active way to cling to a thread of sanity.

If you are interested in OTR, I am willing to share my collection (about 2 terabytes) that I find extremely relaxing and nostalgic. Just let me know what you like (westerns, comedy, dramas, etc.) and I will upload to a bulk storage site. They are Public Domain so enjoy them guilt-free.

Don
    Badly bent Irishman

20. mdonah

You're not the only "badly bent Irishman". My last name is Donahue (formerly O'Donahue).

In the past 6 years, I was at 2 Nursing Homes. In the first one, 4 people died in the two months I was there and they didn't have a computer I could use. In the second one, the mortality rate was zero during the 21 days I was there and they had a computer that was running Windows 2000 but, wouldn't connect to the internet (AAAUUGGHH!).

If the computer you're using is YOUR personal computer, you've got it made in the shade ;).

As far as the OTR, thanks but I listen to Underground Music (like they play from artists such as FatBoy Slim and Massive Attack [you probably haven't heard of them though]).

21. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

I've had the honor and pleasure of writing "Isla's Waltz" for Irish Country singer, Isla Grant (qv) who is huge in the UK. Isla has 11 Gold and 3 Platinum albums. My tune is not on her playlist but her band plays it during audience transitions during her concerts worldwide.

The Special Needs Music Department at Illinois State University now bears my name. It's the highest-rated such program in the nation.

I'm known as "The Music Man" in my nursing home because I play music and OTR for patients. Also, professional entertainer friends visit me and entertain for free from as far away as Johannesburg, New Orleans, and California.

Please let me know if I can add some music to your life. Maybe an original tune.

Don

Here's my latest:

https://soundcloud.com/donald-gaynor/yesterday-againwav

Eldon likes this.
  22. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Don - just went to listen. Amazing. Tried a few more. "A 50's stroll". Great also. Will go back for more. I've got to hear what "A Cold Day in Helena" is like. That's only the second bookmark I've ever had, after MG's of course. Outstanding stuff!

23. mdonah

@DON GAYNOR,

That fully explains your guitar sound board avatar.

I'll listen to the tune you linked me to and let you know.

24. DON GAYNOR

DON GAYNOR Sergeant

Hope you'll enjoy my efforts mdonah. Thanks for squinting an ear at it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds