keyboard help request

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mosander, Feb 5, 2014.

1. mosander

mosander Private E-2

My wife spilled ? on the keyboard of her acer aspire 5516 laptop, with predictable results. She is not at all happy using the on-screen keyboard (ergo, I am not happy), so I got her a USB keyboard. My problem is this: the external keyboard installed properly, and with type in word processor programs, but for all other purposes, such as the internet, the native keyboard takes over, and since most of the characters don't work, my unhappiness continues. I have tried uninstalling the native keyboard, but when I try to install the external one, the native keyboard reinstalls itself.

My question: Is there a hotkey or simple process for disabling the native keyboard (and the mousepad in the bargain) in windows vista such that I can use the external keyboard?

Please make me happy again, and thank you in advance!!!

Mosander

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Is this a laptop?

Edit: Wow, I don't know how to read.

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds