Keyboard Stops Working After Upgrade To Windows 10

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tonyrush, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Tonyrush

Tonyrush Corporal

I have an HP Pavilion running Windows 7. I have been trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but each time I try to do it, the keyboard works for a few minutes and then starts clicking with no more responses. The mouse continues to work, but the keyboard quits. I then go back to a hard drive with windows 7 and the keyboard starts working fine. Are there strict hardware requirements to upgrade to 10? Thanks.

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

when you upgrade to windows 10 have you tried updating your drivers.

Tonyrush likes this.
  3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Does HP state that your computer will work with Windows 10? You need to head to the HP website, put in your model and look for information.

If they do not support an upgrade, that means they will not supply the necessary drivers. Without them, you are wasting time trying to install an OS that is not supported by the manufacturer?

Tonyrush likes this.
  4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

All is not necessarily lost if HP do not support your model. My Lenovo Thinkpad E335 isn't supported either but everything works just fine with Win 10. Win 8/8.1 drivers usually work in Win 10. Try that. I realise that finding drivers without a functioning key board could be a bit challenging. As your mouse is OK you could try the OSK (on screen keyboard)

Tonyrush likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds