Keyboard Upper Case Notes Prob.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by boneyeye, May 14, 2004.

1. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    Hope someone can answer thisThe keys "and @are vice versa also | and ~ How can I rectify this. TY Boneyeye.

2. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Sorry forgot to give specs:Amd K6(tm) 3D MMX 500MHz Win 98SE.Boneyeye

3. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    Any "geek" able to answer my query please.

Boneyeye

4. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

did the keyboard come with any special drivers? if you don't install them, windows assumes that it is a standard keyboard, when in fact, the keys for different things might be in different places.

if you still have the problem, you are going to have to remap your keyboard.

5. simonk

simonk Corporal

start>settings>control panel>regional options general tab =your country ,also insure on input locales tab that this is set to your country.

[​IMG]

6. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    TY for answering. Country setting is OK, but how do I remap keyboard plz.

Boneyeye.

7. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    Any answers plz.

Boneyeye

8. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi,
    No because I have not got another keyboard, and Mr. Flea said I needed to re map keyboard. So I am waiting for some "geek" to guide me how to do so. TY

Boneyeye

9. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

This is close try start>settings>control panel>keyboard then select the language tab. You need to ensure that you keyboard matches your locale. Basically you have US and UK keyboard mapping opposite to your locale. If your keyboard language is not there use the Add. button to add your preference.

10. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

HA! Ha!Mastertech, where is your sense of humour. Sure we all know that keyboards do not remap themselves but people do all the time. Now I would like to say a big Thank You to all who helped . Keep up the good work. Some of us would be lost without GEEKS like you. Bye. Boneyeye

11. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Hi Mastertech,
    TY for the courtsey of asking, which goes a long way here as in all walks in life . Our good colleague and geek Maxwell gave excellent advice on same and now there is no prob with those 2keys. 2keys only . I find it difficult to find the state of my keyboard you are infering. TY to all again especially Maxwell. Bye for now.
    Regards
    Boneyeye

"Those who assume may be left to do so on their own".

12. harry

harry Private "Bad" Joker

Mastertech,
    This business with the @ and " keys is common in UK, as a lot of the operating systems bought in the UK have US specifications by default, but as Maxwell pointed out , it is easily solved by entering the appropriate country settings.

13. boneyeye

boneyeye Corporal

Now!Now! Mastertech, You are assuming again. Boneyeye is nit from UK I am from Ireland. Cead Mile Failte I'm afraid my keyboard does not have Gaelic Script. Bye for now and TY all again.
    Boneyeye

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds