keyboard wont wake up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by splitt3r, Feb 23, 2006.

1. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

whenever my computer goes into sleep mode I click the mouse to start it up and the keyboard wont work, everythign else works fine but I can't login without the keyboard.it works fine after a restart, my keyboard is a ps/2 compaq that came with teh computer.

2. splitt3r

3. splitt3r

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Check the below as the keyboard is also need to be set to bring the PC out of standby/hibernate/sleep as well as the mouse.

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Keyboard > Hardware > Properties > Power Management > "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" > OK > OK

note: the use of smilies to bump a thread without any useful text, does tnd to render the thread overlooked or generates a few negative replies as its kinda annoying.

5. splitt3r

I did what you said but that option was already selected, i also noticed it recognised my keyboard as a logitech so uninstalled the driver and got the compaq driver, still no luck.

6. splitt3r

I talked to HP online tech support and they walked me through it, it was just a corrupt driver, works fine now.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Great.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds