kill information balloon tip in XP start menu

Discussion in 'Software' started by tritonobx, Sep 24, 2009.

1. tritonobx

tritonobx Staff Sergeant

The tip 'some items cannot be shown' frequently pops up when clicking the start button even if room remains in the start menu for more program shortcuts. I have tried other screen resolutions and the issue seems to be limited to my preferred 800 x 600 setting. I have varied the number of allowed program shortcuts but the tip still pops up, nor have I located the exact registry key to fix or kill the tip. I've posted on this before to no avail but am trying again. Thanks.

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

You might try Control Panel, System, Advanced System Settings (on the left), Performance Settings, and play with those settings...I personally set my machines for 'Best Performance', which gets rid of all of the bells and whistles...

3. pistol

pistol Private First Class

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds