Kiss

Discussion in 'Software' started by radardr, Mar 15, 2007.

1. radardr

radardr Private E-2

I have a computer running XP that people who use it are not computer literate. They need to move files from this computer to a folder on a web site (FTP) so that the web master can include the file on a home page.
    Does anyone know how to open explorer and network places with one shortcut? I am trying to keep it kiss simple so that when they click on a shortcut it goes to where the file is located and opens the FTP site so they can just drag and drop it from one screen to the next.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I'd suggest using something like Netdrive - it 'mounts' an ftp to a local drive.. then you can shortcut the drive/files - whatever.

3. jewlzs

jewlzs Corporal

Go to the web sit folder open it then Drag and drop the entire http: address from the address bar directly to the desktop.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds