"Known Compatibility Issues" Vista SP1 and Trend Micro Internet Security Pro - 2008

Discussion in 'Software' started by Maxx102, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Maxx102

Maxx102 Private E-2

Hi all,

I am seeking a solution to my problem here.

I have Trend Micro's IS 2008 pro and I installed it about a month ago and I didn't have any problems with it. Today I installed Vista SP 1 release and now I have a pop-up window that comes up and says "Known Compatibility Issues" and the program won't start.

Does this mean I have to wait for Trend Micro to release an update to work with the SP1 or what do I have to do here.

Thanks for the help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Re: "Known Compatibility Issues" Vista SP1 and Trend Micro Internet Security Pro - 20

Hi

As Vista SP1 is not the final release, but just a beta release candidate and an early RC at that, its not going to be fully compatible with a fair few applications, especially security ones as its a non-supported release as yet by many of the 3rd party companies, so they are in process of working with Microsoft to finish their updates or in case of some waiting for the final full release of Vista SP1 which will be in Q1/Q2 of 2008.

You could wait for Trend to update their software but this maybe sometime in coming.

The beta SP1 is still buggy in places, so its not a wise choice to install on a main PC, unless your used to testing pre-release software, also you WILL have to uninstall this RC version in any case to install the properly released final version of SP1 ( or any further releases of SP1 RC as there is likely to be another 2 of them before RTM ) as it will not rollup to that final released version when its available.

Above quote taken from here

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds