labtec keyboard

Discussion in 'Software' started by BILLMCC66, Nov 30, 2008.

1. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

A strange fault has developed with my keyboard.

http://www.labtec.com/index.cfm/gear/details/EUR/EN,crid=28,contentid=692

It was OK until 2 days ago when i did a re-format, I installed the drivers and it seemed good until i tried to type in a file location.

I have forward slash ( / ) but the back slash has been replaced with # and it no longer exists on the keyboard even when i use the onscreen board.

Also the @ key has been switched with " but i still have access to it.
    does anybody have an idea please.
    It is not possible to enter location addresses without it.

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Sounds like you need something like KeyTweak to reassign keys. Either that or make sure the driver you installed is specific for your country.

I had the same problem when I moved several computers over to the US from the UK. Keyboard layout is different, and the examples you give are classic examples of those differences. Took me ages to get used to the "new" keyboard.

3. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Thanks Lev i will have to look into that, but the strange thing is it worked perfectly before the format.
    I will check around for the drivers.

4. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Bill, I just went ahead an mailed the issue on their customer support. I'm sure, you have done that already. Any news, on my end - will let you know .But they require 24hrs (business) .. Cheers

5. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Bill, you have probably resolved this, here is their response. Cheers

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 120 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update your question from our support site, click here.

Subject
    I have forward slash ( / ) but the back slash has been replaced with # and it no longer exists on the keyboard even when i use the onscreen board.

Discussion Thread
    Response (Stephen Hii) 11/30/2008 09:36 PM
    Dear Mr. Sik,

Thank you for contacting Logitech's Electronic Technical Support.

It seems to me that you are currently having a UK layout keyboard but the layout is set to other layout. To rectify this, I suggest you to change the keyboard layout to UK English layout. Please refer to the following steps to do so:

1. Click [Start], and then click [Control Panel] or click [Start], click [Settings], and then click [Control Panel]. (Please ensure that you are in Windows XP Classic View mode)
    2. Double-click [Regional and Language Options].
    3. Click the [Languages] tab, and then click [Details].
    4. Click [ADD].
    5. Select Default Input Language as English {UK} (as per your requirement).
    6. Select Keyboard Layout as United Kingdom International.
    7. Click Ok.

If the issue persists, please follow the steps given below.

1. Click [Start], and then click [Control Panel] or click [Start], click [Settings], and then click [Control Panel].
    2. Double-click [Regional and Language Options].
    3. Click the [Languages] tab, and then click [Details].
    4. Select all the entries other than UK International-English and click on Remove.
    5. Click on Ok.

This should be able to resolve your issue, is there anything else that I can assist you with?

If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com

Kind Regards,
    Stephen
    Logitech Europe SA
    European Customer Support
    Customer (vik sik) 11/30/2008 03:55 AM
    Auto-Response 11/30/2008 03:55 AM
    This is an autoresponse message. We have received your support request and will be responding soon.

Question Reference #081130-002194
    Product Level 1: Labtec
    Product Level 2: Keyboards
    Product Level 3: Ultra Flat Keyboard
    Date Created: 11/30/2008 03:55 AM
    Last Updated: 11/30/2008 09:36 PM

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Well SIK you got a faster reply than i did.
    the thing mentioned in your post i have tried and there is no change but i will continue playing with various combinations and if i find one that works i will let you know, also i am going to try the application that Lev posted and see if that's any help.
    thanks
    bill

7. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

well i finally got it to work by using Dutch as my input language with a US keyboard.
    the only thing wrong with this is if i install a program it uses Dutch as the install

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds