Labtop connects to Tv but wont display on labtop screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dcsk8tr55, Feb 6, 2012.

1. dcsk8tr55

dcsk8tr55 Private E-2

I have an HP pressario here that boots up PERFECTLY fine... except all im seeing is a black screen. I hooked it up to my tv and the screen shows up just fine, I then tried to change the displays settings but it doesnt give an option to change it back to the labtop screen, just "LG TV". Any thoughts?

(P.s) If you need anymore detail on the labtop let me know!

2. Spock96

Spock96 Major Geek 'Spocky'

Hello,
    Let me get this straight.
    The laptop screen doesn't show you your display at all?
    Did you try Function(Fn)+F5?
    Spock96

3. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

A full model number on the laptop would be nice. Some older laptops were only capable of enabling one display at a time. And, it would be nice to know what type of graphics software suite you are running.

4. dcsk8tr55

dcsk8tr55 Private E-2

I tried using the function key combo while the labtop was powered on (screen staying blacK while everything is running) and it just flashes once and stays black. Same goes for when i plugged it to the tv. If it helps there were chipset drivers that needed to be download, tried automatic and it couldn't find any, went to download them off the manufacturer website and they drivers on there only had Vista, XP and I think 2000 compatible drivers on it. BUT, the labtop is running windows 7 as of now (yet has a vista sticker on it, interesting.) and yes this is a friends labtop so im guessing the person they got it from put win7 on there, he said it was working for a while when he got it, could this still be linked to the issue tho?

Model: HP presario F767NR

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds