Lacking sharpness with ati video card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sarmikgar, Sep 17, 2007.

1. sarmikgar

sarmikgar Private E-2

Hello,

Hope this is the correct spot for this posting.

I switched from a nvidia FX5200 128mb to an ati X1300 256mb. I have installed the latest ati catalyst driver, version 7.9.

There is an obvious lack of sharpness on the desktop and in the game I opened to its splash screen right after install and tuning of the available settings, I have been all through the available settings in the CCC but cannot find a "Sharpness" setting or anything similar that has the desired effect to bring the sharpness up to par with the nvidia card. Adjusting Hue and Saturation help the color, but things still seem blurry-like.

Ive changed the cards in and out several times now thinking and being told I was nuts and with the available settings set the nvidia is much clearer, and not as "blurry".

I know the ati card should be better(is better), but the clarity of the picture on my desktop and the desktop icons are NOT.

Ive tried playing some games and it plays 20 times better with the ati card, even on much higher settings(BF2), but my desktop still seems "blurry'er" and so do the in-game graphics of another game(aces high 2) with the ati card.

Is there a way to adjust the sharpness with the ati card that I am missing? Ive only had nvidia cards during my 11 yrs. of pc use.

Thanks much for any help.

system specs:

winXP
    intel MB(I forget model#)
    P4 2.4ghz
    1.5gb ddr ram
    40gig WD HDD
    19"crt set at 1280x1024 on both cards

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds