Laggy mouse, sound, video, etc.

Discussion in 'Software' started by mojonojo, May 12, 2009.

1. mojonojo

mojonojo Private E-2

Hello! :wave

I've been having this problem for a while now,
    if I play a video or listen to music my system becomes very laggy!

This also happens about a minute or two after I start sharing my cam with others and it causes my audio/video that they receive to skip.

When this happens my mouse starts skipping every 2 seconds or so, and the audio I'm listening to or video I'm watching skips/lags as well.

I can hear it in my speakers, too, everytime it happens. It's a weird clicking sound.

I don't think it has anything to do with viruses, malware or spyware because we recently wiped the drives and started over new.

It also did this before the wipe.

This was happening about a year ago really bad on my pc, just as bad as it is happening at the moment. But it quit for the longest time just out of nowhere and I thought it was gone for good, but now it's back! It's very aggravating and annoying!

I have 894mb RAM so I don't think it could be the fact that I run out of memory.

Do you have any idea what this could be or how I might go about fixing it?
    Sorry if the post was confusing, I tried explaining it as best as I could.. :-o

Thank you!

2. Drizzles

Drizzles First Sergeant

894mb?? You've got a RAM issue ... some of the modules on your sticks have died ... more often than not they affect the normal operation of a computer, I have the same issue, my laptop is reading 999mb when it should be reading 1024. Replacing the sticks will help ... also it never hurts to upgrade to 2gb and you will only see improvement. What type of RAM do you have?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds