Land of the Dead Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by KK213, Feb 28, 2009.

1. KK213

KK213 Private E-2

Hello.

when im playing Land of the Dead the game is Minimizing sometimes (mostly when i will shoot) and i must wait 5 seconds till i can go back to the game

apart from that the game works...

pls help

mfg
    KK

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

What are your system specs... hardware as well as operating system and firewall and stuff?

3. KK213

KK213 Private E-2

Microsoft Windows XP Professional

CPU Typ: AMD Sempron, 1600 MHz (8 x 200) 2600+
    Motherboard Chip: SiS 761, AMD Hammer
    Mainmemory: 512 MB (DDR SDRAM)
    Grafikkarte: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 (256 MB)
    Soundkart: SiS 7012 Audio Device

firewall is the normal windows firewall

hope i donĀ“t forgot something

mfg
    KK213

4. Mimsy

Nope, that looks good. Do you play any other games on this system...? 512MB is not a lot of memory, especially not if you want games to run smoothly, and you might want to look at upgrading that to closer to 2GB.

Not enough memory is more likely to cause the game to freeze than to minimize though, and if your problem was overheating your entire computer would freeze up. Do you have anything else running the background while you play? Do you run in windowed mode or in full-screen?

5. KK213

KK213 Private E-2

problem solved...
    my antivirus-program had minimized the game... (i have to turn the program of to play -.-)

thanks for the help

6. Mimsy

Hooray! Problem solved. :)

Happy gaming!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds