Lap top Restarts when Shut Down

Discussion in 'Software' started by candive, Mar 10, 2007.

1. candive

candive Corporal

:banghead
    Can anyone tell me why my PC restarts each time I turn it off,2-3 second delay from complete power off.
    I have checked the BIOS, msconfig, Scheduled.
    I ran the complete Virus/Spyware killers at it from Malware.
    I do not want to reformat, I am in college and need my PC.
    It has to be something simple I'm missing.

Any help or suggestons will be tried.
    If I open start, run, & type "shutdown -s", it stays off

Thank you.

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Try this: Right click My Computer- click Properties. Go to the Advanced tab and click Settings under Startup & Recovery. Clear the Automatic Restart box under System Failure and click OK. Now try to shut down normally. If you get a blue screen error you should be able to read/post the msg. It could be that you are getting errors but they go by to fast to see 'em.... post your results and in the meantime I'll do some research for ya....

hopperdave2000

BTW- Do you happen to have Roxio burning software installed???

Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  3. candive

candive Corporal

Hi
    I ran Eraser.
    Format C:\
    Re load windows, it still restarts.

NOTE: I took it back to where I bought it and they replaced it on the spot, The Hardware was Defective.

Thank you for your assistance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds