Laptop Battery issue Dell Inspiron E1705

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nick1126, Jan 15, 2010.

1. nick1126

nick1126 Private E-2

Dell Inspiron E1705

Replaced battery recently followed instructions to completely charge then discharge and everything seemed ok. I tried to run on battery and as soon as I removed the a/c adapter-charger the computer shut down.

I replaced the power cord and computer boots fine. I checked the power meter and it shows the battery to be 97% charged.

Tried again with same results. Tried turning off computer, unplugging cord and restarting on battery still nothing.

Restarted with cord, went into BIOS, battery management showed the battery to be fully charged. Battery indicator light on the face of the computer flashes briefly about every 15 sec. With computer turned off but plugged in the battery charge light never comes on.

Have removed the battery and reinstalled it more than once...still nothing

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks
    Ron

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Check the voltages and current on your old battery,if they are fine there's something wrong with the battery power circuit.

Check all the pins and recesses are identical to your old battery,check for damage on the laptop battery connectors,you can ensure good connection by getting a craft knife and 'slightly' prying the pins outward,just a millimetre will do,

3. ssgveteran

ssgveteran Private E-2

Help!
    I have a dell e1705 that continues freezing up on me. Diagnostics finds no issues.

Question: If the clock/watch battery was dead, could that cause it to freeze up?

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Please start a new thread ssg requesting support:) And welcome to the forum.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=31333

No the cmos battery will cause the clock on your pc to lose time and default your bios settings,on many computers you will also receive a cmos battery warning similar to "cmos battery FAILURE" upon boot and the computer will often not get past the POST screen.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds