Laptop caps lock flashes then shuts off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Purpleweenie, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Purpleweenie

Purpleweenie Private E-2

I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 I rpl the dc jack in. THe system didn't boot before and when I wiggled the plug in the jack (yeah I know about the sexual inuendo HAHAHA) the led indicator showing power would flash on and off. So I rpl the dc jack, the ac power pack was supposed to be new.

Well now that I have rpl the dc jack the customer tells me that they gave me the bad ac cable, now that I have the new power cable, the Caps Lock light flashes for about 2-3 seconds then the ssytem shuts off. I have re-seated everything twice and still nothing....

Any thoughts? I am worried that the vid chip is fried. Since it is integrated the customer is screwed. Could be the lcd invertor/screen maybe, have to ask the customer some questions about white lines. Read on dell website that this model had a flakey lcd inverter/screen setup. Would get white lines on screen and then the system eventually won't boot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Purpleweenie

Purpleweenie Private E-2

HAZA got it working.... Thanks to anyone that was in the middle of posting. I found a small cable that was coming half-*** unseated when I was manuvering the top cover into alignment....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds