Laptop coolers work or no? Please advise - my next purchase! :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wizry11, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Wizry11

Wizry11 Private First Class

Do these things really work? my lappy heats up in like 5 minutes and im buying one on friday if they do . . .

whats the best one?

thanks fellas - any experiences would be great

2. Wizry11

oh and im sorry if this should go in the cooling section - duh

but please advise

3. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

if this needs to go to the cooling section, my reply will need to go to the software section:p

all laptop coolers do is send more air to the bottom side of the laptop. it will help, but i doubt it will help too much. but others with experience can probably tell you more.

but this is my advice: if you don't need cpu power at all on battery mode, you can probably do a lot to increase battery life AND make it cooler at the same time. first off, see how much you can undervolt the processor if it's possible. secondly, try downloading a program called speedswitch xp. it's free and it will tweak your laptop cpu so it will stay at a minimum speed, which should hopefully keep the laptop cool. the learning curve for it is a bit sharp, though, and documentation is pretty lacking, so it could take a while to figure out how it works.

good luck!

4. Wizry11

thinking of going with this EverCool

or this KingWin

Yeah thinkin of going all out - multiple usb hub capable and multi card reader in each . . . each around 40 bucks - money doesnt matter but if they do what they say they do - reviews ive read seem positive . . .

questions comments?

5. Wizry11

any comments? please check out the options and if anyone has used either one or have seen them run please let me know

buying tomorrow! :)

thanks in advance! :cool:

6. Wizry11

ended up buying this Evercool np-201

should do the trick and has some great extra features - made of aluminum - 3 usb ports - 8 in 1 smart card reader for 40 bucks - 3 fans -

should cool my comp down from its normal 54 degrees celcius

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds