Laptop Cooling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Anon-469e6fb48c, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Anon-469e6fb48c

Anon-469e6fb48c Anonymized

Here is a good item to help keep your laptop cooler.I just got one and it keeps my system cooled down to about 27c that's about 81 f that is pretty cool laptop.

Running higher end games on my laptop will stay around 123 Fahrenheit normally a laptop will go up to around 130 or 140 Fahrenheit.

This is what this type of product does.

It will connect to the Air exhaust fan and it helps sucks out the air or hot air faster instead of slow.Some laptops like HP will not allow you to adjust your speed on the cpu fan.

There are products similar to this.But this matched mine.

Laptop Fan Cooler with Temperature Display, Rapid Cooling, Auto-Temp Detection, 13 Wind Speed
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NACVLWM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There is a tip for you guys.

Oh and this is a good item to have if your laptop fan stops working.

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Interesting item. I'm going to get two — one for each of my laptops. But, I think they're still going to need air dusting periodically.

3. Anon-469e6fb48c

Good glad i could help.I can tell you that it works well.I keep my laptop off the table with a flat cooling pad.So there is air moving at all times.

Here is my current temp for my cpu and gpu.

Graphics
    512MB ATI AMD Radeon R6 Graphics (HP) 88 °F

I run a apu system.

4. mdonah

I run a Dell Inspiron 15-5555 laptop w/ AMD A8 7410 APU & 1 GB ATI Radeon R5 graphics (it uses 1024 MB of my RAM) that sits on a laptop desk with two cooling fans. But since there are no vent openings in the bottom of the laptop, the fans can't blow cooling air into the laptop.

5. Anon-469e6fb48c

That sounds like a design flaw.There should all ways be a air vent on the bottom for the cpu.

I wish my Video would have used a little more ram.

6. mdonah

Upon further examination of the bottom of the laptop, I found openings in a place I wasn't expecting them (they're not right below the APU/GPU).

I wish the graphics was dedicated with it's own RAM instead of integrated and using some of my computer's RAM but, I've got 16 GB of RAM so, there's no shortage.

7. mdonah

I installed one of the OPOLAR laptop coolers on my Dell Latitude E6400 laptop. Then I set the fan speed to maximum. I can hear the fan but, it's not unpleasant or distracting.

The cooling effect was immediate. My two cores are running 10° F cooler and my GPU is running 20° F cooler — much more to my liking. :)

wile e coyote likes this.
  8. Anon-469e6fb48c

I think i should upgrade my ram too.I only have 8 gigs.I think my max is 16.

And in all honesty i set my fans speed to a 3 or 4 and it stays 10 degrees cooler than normal.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds