Laptop Curosr Mover Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chief_stains, Oct 28, 2006.

1. chief_stains

chief_stains Private E-2

The little blue twiddley thing on a laptop keyboard for moving the cursor... what's it called? Mine has started to go a bit funny - the cursor on the screen moves itself even when you don't touch the thing and it just generally feels a bit funny - I have taken it off and looked at it and it seems as though there is a piece missing. Anyone got any ideas?

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

You might be able to disable The little blue twiddley thing in BIOS:)
    or use external mouse;)

What brand & Model?
    If it's a Dell, Dell has great Service manual's avaible on line free, might be service tips or detailed info to determin whats missing

3. chief_stains

chief_stains Private E-2

Yeah its about 2 months old, a Dell D820 - my nephew had a go at removing the thing when i wasn't looking, i think a piece may be missing. I'll have a look for the Dell Manuals now...

4. StoryAngel

StoryAngel Private E-2

I've had a very similar problem on an HP Compaq nc6000 with a black twiddley thing :) I had the same problem with my previous nc6000 and I'd wondered if it was a flaw in this model, so interesting to hear the same thing on a Dell. It's a minor annoyance that I'd like to get fixed, but so far I've only found workaround solutions like using the trackpad or an external mouse.

5. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Either got funk on it from eating and using, or the driver is bad. Usually if they get crumbs and grease in them, they get a mind of their own.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds