Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode!

Discussion in 'Software' started by lugati, Nov 28, 2010.

1. lugati

lugati Private E-2

I have an 'Acer Emachines E525' Laptop. I have 'Windows 7 Ultimate' 32 bit OS installed. Recently I reformatted my system installing Windows 7 on it. Since then I am having problem with sleep mode. I cannot recover from sleep mode even after 1) pressing boot button, 2) Pressing enter, 3) taping or moving fingers on mouse. When I press enter in the sleep mode, the system starts and blue light also starts blinking. But there is no display whatsoever.

My system actually hangs when I return back from sleep mode. None of the keyboard or mouse are working. Laser light of my mouse also does not blink. So its actually the system starting but but keyboard and mouse not working so I guess it cannot wake up or flash the display. Every time I have to hard boot my system by holding boot button for a while and then rebooting. I think it could be some settings needed to be change.

I tried updating all drivers. It also could be some driver conflict. Waiting for your reply. Thank you

I googled this problem but none of the solutions worked. Searched through windows seven forums but didn't found anything. Any help on this issue would be appreciated. Thanks a lot

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, lugati.

Have you tried disabling hibernation/sleep?

To do so, go to Control Panel > Power Options. In the left pane, click 'Change when the computer sleeps'. For now, select 'Never' for every option there, and click 'Save changes'.

Now, leave your laptop alone for a period of time, and make sure it doesn't hibernate. If everything looks kosher, you can then go back into the power procedure and adjust, if you wish.

There are many issues with hibernation/sleep (both hardware and software related), and sometimes the culprits can be quite difficult to diagnose. I'd suggest disabling the sleep modes for troubleshooting, make sure there aren't other problems going on with the machine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds