Laptop freezes during operation or won't turn on with cold/warn boot after it freezes

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IRQIO, Sep 14, 2005.

1. IRQIO

IRQIO Private E-2

this is what's going on:

when my pc turns on without problems it does for some minutes and then it freezes and locksup nothing move no mouse no nothing, after that the only way to turn it off is pressing the on button for 5sec, well I do that and after that it wont' turn on inmediately, I'll maybe have to wait a few min or hours before the laptop will want to turn on again and if it does it works good again for an indefintely number of minutes and sometimes hours.

This problem started by me being so stupid to try to insert my dvd drive modular, while the laptop was on with the os. since then I had this problems, now I now my laptop is not dead cuz I can use it for sometime but some sort of circuitry element makes my laptop fails at ramdom and like I said before when it does it won't turn on inmediately (all 3 light will light up and stay there with battery) or (blink with acadapter). what can it be and can I fix it?

2. IRQIO

IRQIO Private E-2

Come on Guys

PLEASE someone with some knowledge or idea reply? it'll be really helpful in case I decide to fix it by myself

3. bubbles

bubbles Private E-2

Re: Laptop freezes during operation or won't turn on with cold/warn boot after it fre

Did I read that correctly? You installed hardware with the laptop powered ON?

4. IRQIO

IRQIO Private E-2

Re: Laptop freezes during operation or won't turn on with cold/warn boot after it fre

OMG yes yes, you read right! I need some advice

5. bubbles

bubbles Private E-2

If this device is not hot pluggable (I'm assuming it's not), you've likely messed something on the MOBO up.

I don't think it will help, but try to swap the RAM if you some to spare. Otherwise, I'd look up the warranty for your motherboard if I were you.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds