Laptop freezes/slows down after startup

Discussion in 'Software' started by tresemme, Aug 26, 2008.

1. tresemme

tresemme Private E-2

Hi Guys,

I really need your help because I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't even know if I can properly explain whats wrong. My laptop freezes AND slows down after start up. All the icons are loaded but they do not start when I click on them. The screen looks like its frozen(cause nothing happens when I click on a icon) but when I move my mouse down to the blue bar with the Start menu the mouse arrow changes into the hour glass. When I waited a long while a ZoneAlarm alert popped up for Windows Defender but nothing else has happened. I'm just keeping the laptop on right now to wait and see if anything else happens because the lights flash every once in a while like the laptop is doing something. I've restarted it multiple times but the same thing happens.

It's weird because when I shutdown the laptop I get a lot of those End Program messages. After I click End Now on all of the messages all of the programs or menus I tried to open pops up/starts immediately like those ended programs were blocking everything from running.

The first two End Program messages have to do with programs called NET. BroadcastEventWindows and WindowsFormsParkingWindows. Do they have anything to do with my Laptop not running properly?

Thanks to anyone who replies!

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

The WindowsFormsParkingWindows is HP software. Here's how to get rid of that problem.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I suspect that you have too many programs running at Startup.
    Download this http://majorgeeks.com/Startup_CPL_d619.html
    and post what it shows is running so you can uncheck/untick things. (You will see a new icon in your Control Panel that says Startup, click on that).

The WindowsFormsParking Windows is HP software. To remove that message at shutdown, do the following:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds