Laptop getting too warm

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cjcscc, Oct 3, 2006.

1. cjcscc

cjcscc Private E-2

I just bought a Gateway laptop. Model MX 6448. The battery model is 3UR18650F-2-QC-MA1.

I feel like it gets too warm esp. on the leftside where the fan is located. It is almost too warm to sit on my lap.

Any suggestions?

Thx - I appreciate it.

2. Flushed

Flushed Private E-2

Dont be too shocked if its too hot to sit on yor lap. Mine is too once its been on for longer than twenty minutes.

ps. If your worried about it, you could invest in a cooling pad/station. (Cools the laptop from underneath)

3. otter00

otter00 Private E-2

Laptops tend to run to the warmer side, especially near the battery and HD. My laptop has intake vents on the bottom and the rear and exhausts out the side. If you are blocking the intake vent on the bottom when it is on your lap, your cooling fan will not keep the laptop as cool it should.

I installed a fan monitor (http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php) progam on my laptop to keep an eye on the internal temps and fan speed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds