LAPTOP HELP PLEASE. touch pad doesnt work.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by alex2053312, Jan 11, 2005.

1. alex2053312

alex2053312 Private E-2

i cant get my touch pad to work on my laptop. my faggot little sister got on my brand new toshiba satellite A75 and some things came up and now the touch pad doesnt work. i rebooted the entire system but it still doesnt work. need help.

2. Turcoloco

Turcoloco MajorGeek

Hi, you really should not call your sister that, but anyhow she might be a real pain so I continue with my suggestions:
    What is the make/model of your laptop? Laptops come with a touchpad utility that kicks in during Windows startup, it might also be listed in the services if using Windows 2000 or XP. So the service or the startup entry in the registry might have been deleted (but not the utility itself), the utility might have been disabled or uninstalled. Even a slimmer chance the touchpad functionality might have been disabled in the BIOS settings as most laptop BIOSes do have a related setting.
    Depending on your laptop make/model find out what that utility is (from the manual or company's web site), then check the 'Add-Remove Programs' list to see if the program is still installed (you could also check it in START > Programs or All Programs list which is even better). If it is really missing then download the utility or using the laptop's utility CD (if one exists) re-install the program. If it still doesnt work then last step check the BIOS....these are all I can think of for now...

3. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

Just a silly little thought...

Don't you have an on/off button for the mousepad (just over the pad)? Make sure it's on, I make that mistake all the time :)

4. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Download and install Starter from CodeStuff http://codestuff.netfirms.com/news.shtml

This will show you all the stuff that is installed/disabled when the PC boots up. You may see something that relates to your Toshiba that has been disabled, or you can work your way through the unchecked stuff, checking one at a time and rebooting each time. If nothing works, contact Toshiba. Bazza

===

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds