Laptop hibernates, wireless internet doesnt work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mep8888, Sep 17, 2004.

1. mep8888

mep8888 Private E-2

The title basically tells the story; when I reboot my laptop from hibernate mode, my wireless internet no longer works. If I unplug the router and plug it back in, everything is fine. The laptop says that it cannot associate with the router, but it still detects a signal from it. The other thing is, this doesnt happen every time, just now and then, but it is getting to be often enough to be a pain. Any advice?

My laptop is a Compaq Presario 2100, and the router is a Linksys Wireless B 2.4GHz. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. mep8888

mep8888 Private E-2

3. bones123

bones123 Private E-2

Hello,

I just replaced a Linksys B router and card due to the fact that the router needed to be rebooted alot. I talked to linksys tech support about 3 times about the same problem you posted, except my problem started with hibernation, and than ended up to be everytime I went to use the laptop the router needed to be rebooted.

They told me it must be something with my cable modem or my laptop. So my fix was to upgrade to a netgear G router and card. I've had the netgear G setup for a month now and have no problems whatsoever. Thanks for nothing linksys tech support :mad:

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I've been where you are now and it really sucks... good luck. Replacing the router and wireless card for the laptop, only cost me about 70 bux btw with rebates and sales.. well worth it in my opinion

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds