Laptop Isnt Starting Up Toshiba Satelite Pro C660-111 Urgent Help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Ineedhelplikeforrealppl, Dec 20, 2015.

1. I did the cd file but it doesn't work i have the toshiba satellite pro c660-111 and it keeps saying it and its not fixing someone asap help me when i go and press the power on button it doesnt do any windows 7 start up it just goes to a black screen saying Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 083)
    Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

This Product is covered by one or more of the following patents:
    US5,307,459, US5,434,872, US5,732,094, US6,570,884, US6,115,776 and US6,327,625

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Series v1.24 (10/07/10)
    PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
    or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

Its pretty weird and ive had this laptop for over 2 years and it still isn't working -.-

I need a proper and easy solution to this without going into the actual system it doesn't allow me to do anything and when i press anything it makes a beep sound!

HELP ME i need help!

2. IT THEN SAYS OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Exactly what CD file?
    Are you trying to boot from a recovery DVD because Windows 7 doesn't come on a CD, it comes on a DVD?

Have you gone into the BIOS and made sure that the DVD drive is the first boot device?
    As it says
    This indicates it does not see ANY boot device; that is, there is nothing with a bootloader on it.

So you need to explain step by step what you are doing. No need to type any more onscreen errors.

4. The cd file i did was burned onto the dvd and then the guy/user from the other thread said it would recover your windows but the problem continued and yes the dvd is in boot order first but can you please tell me how to access the boot order not boot because there isnt a number order for it so what should i do if it says that
    step1
    i turn the laptop on
    then the laptop doesn't even start windows 7 no animation it just goes to a info page black and white handwriting...

ill type it all once again what it actually says

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (bulid 083)
    Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation
    This product is covered by one or more of the following patents:
    US5,307,459, US5,434,872, US5,732,094 US6,570,884, US6,115,776 and US6,327,625
    Realtek PCie FE Family Controller Series v1.23 (07/28/10)
    PXE-E61: Media Test failure, check cable
    PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM
    Operating System not found.

What should i do ???

5. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

6. yes i did that it then says more error messages though saying
    all the system stuff amnd then the eroor messages come on again ... -.- im starting to get pissed of now

7. the wrird thing is that it says System BIOS shawdowed
    Video bios shadowed...

8. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

SO, you did or you didn't get into a clean stable BIOS screen?? Please explain carefully what happened exactly when/if the BIOS screen appeared.

9. But wait i go on the f12 bot selction and it says LAN untel boot mode and i cant change it...

10. it was a bios setup and it has several option i went to boot and i changed it to cd/dvd and then i saved and exited but the probelem keeps happening

11. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

12. yep i put cd/dvd drive first but probelm still happens

13. i disabled lan and fdd and still not working 0-0

14. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

If you have disabled the LAN, the PXE-ROM (this is what allows intranets to function) , and still have no bootable device it could mean your hard drive is toast. The reason it is going to the PXE-ROM is that it's last on the boot list, and there is nothing else to boot from.

This calls for not only a deeper diagnosis, it calls for the Ultimate Boot CD and a hard drive diagnosis. A lack of a bootable device isn't always an easy fix. Do you have all your data backed up?

Make, model, operating system, and service pack please.

15. the mekanic

I looked up the laptop, and it is quite old. Perhaps you have only had it for a couple of years, but the Intel Socket P CPUs went into production back in 2006 and DDR3 has been in use since 2007.
    • Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo T6670 / 2.2 GHz ( Dual-Core )
    • Memory - 2 GB (installed) / 8 GB (max) - DDR3 SDRAM - 1066 MHz ( 1 x 2 GB )
    • Hard Drive - 250 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400 rpm
    • Display - 15.6" LED backlight TruBrite TFT 1366 x 768 ( WXGA ) - 16:9
    • Optical Drive - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM

16. I dont need all my files backed up i just need the laptop to function again. and my operating system is windows 7 home premium cant remember what service pack it was... the make is toshiba and the model is the toshiba satellite pro c660-111
    i tryed everything and did what other diod on youtube but still nothing... So ias there any solution to this ;o ;(
    So what do i do if the intel thing is not ..
    and do i have to buy a new hardrive? and an ultimate boot cd i dont really want to because im looking for an easy and straight foward fix -.-
    i dont evwen have a hardrive option in my boot list

17. Oh ym gosh the screen is not even
    turning on now and the fan shuts down then restarts

18. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Truthfully, I don't think that is possible.
    First, the hard drive might be gone.
    Second, either the CD/DVD you burned is not burned correctly which is why the computer refuses to boot from it OR the CD/DVD drive also needs replacing.

Now you get no display. It seems likes the hardware is dying piece by piece.

It would probably cost more to have someone locally troubleshoot it and replace what is needed than the cost of a new laptop/netbook.

19. the mekanic

Agreed with plodr, unfortunately.

This is an old laptop, and it's not getting any younger.

20. how much does a new hardware cost? for my mdel pls find one for me ;)

21. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

If you want essentially the same level/usage of laptop - ie same specs but with new current hardware - the cost of buying the parts and then paying someone to do it is, as you have been told, likely to cost you more money. If you want to know how much the hardware would cost to buy you just do an internet search for the exact name of hardware with 'US Prices' or whatever country you are in, and then search. It's no different to searching prices online for anything you want to buy.

22. the mekanic

If you're not looking for anything too expensive, this would suffice at a nice price:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317757

I own a ThinkPad refurb, and am nothing but happy with it. They are VERY durable machines. If you don't need a lot of space for data or games the 128 GB SSD will be fine.

23. the mekanic

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds