Laptop Keyboard I Bot From Amazon

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by outdoorgal, Mar 16, 2017.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

only lasted7 m0nths, if that:(

is this typical for 15 $'s? if so would so appreciate a reliable source to order from, thanks all! sure dont like the oncreen keyboard:(Denise

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

outdoorgal likes this.
  3. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Denise
    I'm pretty sure that all consumer goods, especially anything IT/electrical, will come with a legally guaranteed 12 months guarantee (obviously excluding you smashing it or tipping a pint of hot coffee on it!) so if you got it supplied (ie 'fulfilled by Amazon') then their customer service is so good they'll give you a refund. A market place seller on Aazon must also provide the same.
    Whether or not you have already replaced it, get your money back!

outdoorgal likes this.
  4. outdoorgal

yes no reason it should have given out,I wrote to seller and we'll see what they say and ty eldon for the links if i have to reorder i feel better with someone recommended denise

5. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Denise,

As I recall, you replaced the keyboard on your 17" Toshiba laptop.

I had to replace the backlit keyboard on my 14.1" Dell laptop about the same time you replaced yours but, yeah, it should last for more than 7 months (mine was $25 [because it's backlit] on ebay).

outdoorgal likes this.
  6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

I opened one up recently, and before I lifted the keyboard to unclip it, the tab that holds it actually flicked out.....Probably damaged when previous owner messed with it- but it happens.

outdoorgal likes this.
  7. outdoorgal

Thanks yes I'm going to order another one but from a better place possibly one of the links that Eldon's sent me see if I can get hold of one that'll last I haven't heard back from the people that sent me that keyboard but maybe they will give me a refund I hope

8. outdoorgal

Everything looked fine to me but looking fine and being fine or two different things and all I know how to do is to take the keyboard out and put it back in right and I did double check on that so again the spacebar is one problem and I'm having problem with other Keys as well so I guess it's just a matter of replacing another I mean $15 for a part is not very much so I guess you can expect miracles thanks to you all for checking in on me here I'm sick with allergies right now I'm just sitting in my chair and not even going to mess with the computer so but tomorrow if I feel up to it I'll order another keyboard like I said I probably check out some of the places Eldin gave me links to the purchase from using voice to text on my iPhone so well it's not an iPhone I mean my cell phone so if the text doesn't look good that's why anyway thanks you guys thanks again I'll let you know how everything goes

9. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

It's hit and miss really. I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse about 8 years ago from the wonderful discount store Lidl for about the same amount of money and it's still going strong.

outdoorgal likes this.
  10. outdoorgal

I know u r right max. l wished there was something i coould run that would show me every issue wrong as i am wondering if ther may b something more.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds