Laptop Memory [Details Inside]

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ryuduo, May 15, 2006.

1. Ryuduo

Ryuduo Private First Class

Hey guys! Was sup, I am back after like couple years. How's things going? Well I haven't posted in a while and I need some help.

This is the laptop that I have. http://us.acer.com/acereuro/page9.do?dau34.oid=11650&UserCtxParam=0&GroupCtxParam=0&dctx1=25&CountryISOCtxParam=US&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&crc=2321137947

I want to buy it some RAM, but I am not sure if it will work and what PIN to get. I am browsing through new egg and found this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221121

It says on the site that my laptop can use the DDR2 400mhz speed but I just want to make sure that it is going to work. You guys mind helping me look around to find the exact details on my laptop? Btw, I have installed 256 in one slot.

Thanks guys,
    Ryuduo:)

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

3. askantik

askantik Sergeant

If you want to be really sure, unscrew the cover over your memory on the bottom of the laptop. You probably won't have to take the memory out to do this (usually the sticker is on the side facing out), but you definitely wanna turn the computer off and unplug it while doing that. But somewhere on the memory it should have a sticker telling you the speed.

Good luck :)

4. Ryuduo

Ryuduo Private First Class

Alright thanks guys :) I think I am going to order this then. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds