Laptop memory upgrade??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dougster, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Dougster

Dougster Private E-2

FUJITSU SIEMENS AMILO Pro V2040 20

504 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'M1' has 256 MB
    Slot 'M2' has 256 MB

Would it be worth my while to add more memory to this machine?

I noticed on crucial.com that it could take up to 2048MB but is it worth it and should I notice much of a difference?

Thanks in advance.

2. ST47

ST47 Private First Class

Mostly depends on what you do. I have 2 really old laptops that I use for internet and email when I'm away from home with 256MB i think, but I wouldn't even consider using that for a gaming machine.

3. Dougster

Dougster Private E-2

Definitely NOT a gaming machine but as this is all I run I could do with some more processing power as it kinda slows up a bit with a few things running simultaneously.

I need to sort out my 10Mbps Cable Modem as well as I'm only getting results of 2.5Mbps dl and about 300Mbps ul!!!!!

4. ST47

ST47 Private First Class

I have a 100Mbps modem however due to other people, it is impossible to his that. The best i've ever gotten was 4.9Mbps down, and 250 Kbps up(surely you mean 300kpbs, not mbps?)
    as for the memory, mabye you should upgrade - if you don't have enough memory and notice it's slowing down, it could be using your hard drive as memory, which would be much slower

5. Dougster

Dougster Private E-2

Typo!! DOH!

I have registered on my ISP forum for advice.

Many thanks for the response.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds