Laptop not working when off docking station

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by firesign70, Oct 3, 2015.

1. firesign70

firesign70 Private E-2

I have a Dell Latitude E6430 laptop that I use at the office. At work I sit it in the docking station and work off two large dual monitors. When I bring my laptop home the laptop boots up but I'm unable to do anything with it. I'm not sure if its due to the screen display or what. I need my laptop to work off the docking station and do not have access to the docking station until Monday. Is there anyway I can reset the display? Thanks.

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

So it will boot up to a "blue screen", can't find the mouse?
    Boot into safe mode, you can change the resolution there & reboot - or remove the display and reboot.

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

3. firesign70

firesign70 Private E-2

Awesome! Thank you!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds